From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Spacecraft, or pages that link to Spacecraft or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Spacecraft. Needs checking by a human.
- Aerospace engineering : The branch of engineering that concerns aircraft, spacecraft, and related topics.
- Aerospace : With the development of operations extending beyond the earth's atmosphere, a more general term than air warfare
- Aircraft : A vehicle capable of sustained flight within the Earth's atmosphere.
- Apollo Command-Service Module : Three-man spacecraft built for NASA by North American Aviation, and one of the two spacecraft that were utilized for the Apollo program, along with the Lunar Module, to land astronauts on the Moon.
- Armadillo Aerospace : Aerospace startup company based in Mesquite, Texas, with its initial goal is to build a manned suborbital spacecraft capable of space tourism, but with long-term ambitions of orbital spaceflight.
- Atmospheric reentry : The movement of human-made or natural objects as they enter the atmosphere of a planet from outer space, in the case of Earth from an altitude above the 'edge of space.'
- Boeing : US-based company making aircraft and spacecraft.
- GALEX : An orbiting ultraviolet space telescope that was launched on April 28, 2003.
- Galileo Probe : An unmanned spacecraft sent by NASA to study the planet Jupiter and its moons.
- Gemini : Constellation in the Northern Hemisphere containing the stars Castor and Pollux, the third member of the zodiac, its name is Latin for 'Twins'.
- Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite : GOES satellites do visual and infrared imaging of earth atmosphere from geosynchronous orbit; they carry secondary payloads in the COSPAS-SARSAT satellite constellation of the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System
- Mars (planet) : The fourth planet from the Sun in our solar system; named after the Roman god of war; also known as the "Red Planet".
- Polonium : A rare and highly unstable radioactive metalloid with the symbol Po and atomic number 84.
- Rocket science : Variously an incorrect name for various engineering disciplines in dealing with unguided rockets or the rocket engines of more intelligent vehicles, or an ironic description of something very complex or very simple (i.e., "this isn't rocket science")
- Satellite : An object that travels in orbit around a more massive body.
- Space Shuttle : The spacecraft currently used by the United States government for its human spaceflight missions.
- Space debris : Man-made objects in earth orbit that no longer serve any useful purpose.
- V-2 : World's first operational ballistic missile, developed by Nazi Germany: (Vergeltungswaffe 2).
- Viking 1 : The first of two spacecraft sent to Mars as part of NASA's Viking program.
- Viking program : The successful mission of space probes to Mars, Viking 1 and Viking 2, each designed to study the planet, and launched 20 August 1975, and 9 September 1975 respectively.