From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Sociolinguistics, or pages that link to Sociolinguistics or to this page or whose text contains "Sociolinguistics".
- Sociology [r]: Social science that studies human social behavior or social relations, social institutions and structures, demography, public opinion, social welfare, social psychology and some forms of political behavior, as well as the history of sociology. [e]
- Communication [r]: The set of interactive processes that create shared meaning. [e]
- Anthropology [r]: The holistic study of humankind; from the Greek words anthropos ("human") and logia ("study"). [e]
- Theoretical linguistics [r]: Core field of linguistics, which attempts to establish the characteristics of the system of language itself by postulating models of linguistic competence common to all humans. [e]