Social Darwinism/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Social Darwinism, or pages that link to Social Darwinism or to this page or whose text .
- Charles Darwin : (1809 – 1882) English natural scientist, most famous for proposing the theory of natural selection.
- Evolution : A change over time in the proportions of individual organisms differing genetically.
- William Jennings Bryan : (March 19, 1860 – July 26, 1925) American politician, Democratic presidential nominee and lawyer in the Scopes Trial.
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- Anthropology : The holistic study of humankind; from the Greek words anthropos ("human") and logia ("study").
- Creationism : The belief that the world and the universe were created by God.
- Environmental geography : Examines interlinkages between human and natural systems.
- Racism : Belief in the difference, and often superiority, of one racial group over other racial groups.
- Environmental determinism : The doctrine that human activities are controlled by the environment.