Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, or pages that link to Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act or to this page or whose text .
- Financial system : The interactive system of organisations that serve as intermediaries between lenders and borrowers.
- Banking : the system of financial intermediation that provides the principle source of credit to individuals and companies.
- Glass-Steagall Act : Major U.S. banking legislation passed during Great Depression incorporated into the Banking Act of 1933 which separated commercial banking from investment banking among other acts. Partially repealed in 1999.
- Banking Act of 1933 : Major U.S. banking legislation passed during Great Depression (portions of which are also known as the Glass-Steagall Act). Created the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Federal Open Market Committee. Separated commercial banking from investment banking and increased the powers of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors over monetary policy.
- Deregulation : Add brief definition or description
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act : Enacted in 2002 in response to major accounting scandals resulting in the collapse of major U.S. corporations, a strict set of rules for financial responsibility and audit in public companies; currently being challenged as overkill
- Community Reinvestment Act : Add brief definition or description
- Bank Holding Company Act : Add brief definition or description