Semantics (linguistics)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Semantics (linguistics), or pages that link to Semantics (linguistics) or to this page or whose text .
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- Language : A type of communication system; this term is used in linguistics, computer science and other fields to refer to different systems, including 'natural language' in humans, programming languages run on computers, and so on.
- Semantics : The study of the way in which the use of and interrelationships between words, phrases and sentences create meaning.
- Pragmatics : Branch of linguistics concerned with language in use or the study of meaning as it arises from language occurring in context.
Communication and discourse
- Communication : The set of interactive processes that create shared meaning.
- Stylistics : Add brief definition or description
- Discourse analysis : Add brief definition or description
- Paralanguage : Set of nonphonemic properties of speech, such as speaking tempo, vocal pitch, and intonational contours, that can be used to communicate attitudes or other shades of meaning.