Search engine/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Search engine, or pages that link to Search engine or to this page or whose text .
- Internet : International "network of networks" that connects computers together through the Internet Protocol Suite and supports applications like Email and the World Wide Web.
- World Wide Web : A global collection of information presented in the form of documents hosted on networked computers and available to the public.
- Information : Knowledge of specific events or situations that has been gathered or received by communication; intelligence or news.
- Search : Add brief definition or description
- Search engine optimization : Strategies to boost traffic to a particular web site so it appears earlier in any computer search.
- Search engine results page : Acronym for a "search engine results page". It is a screenful of web pages listed by a search engine such as Google or Yahoo or Bing after doing a keyword query.
- Search ranking : Add brief definition or description
- Google : Web search engine company jointly founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
- Bing : Search engine owned by Microsoft - formerly Live Search and MSN.
- Yahoo search : Add brief definition or description
- Blekko : Add brief definition or description
- Directory service : A function that maps to and from human-readable names and computer-readable addresses, not intended to be a search engine
- Domain Name System : The Internet service which translates to and from IP addresses and domain names.
- Intelligence collection ontology : The use of information technology and knowledge management to help map intelligence requests to the best available collection techniques
- Open access : The free, immediate online access to the results of research, coupled with the right to use those results in new and innovative ways.
- Robots.txt : Add brief definition or description
- Sitemap : Add brief definition or description