Open access/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Open access, or pages that link to Open access or to this page or whose text .
- Publishing : The process of production and dissemination of literature or information - the activity of making information available for public view.
- Scientific method : The concept of systematic inquiry based on hypotheses and their testing in light of empirical evidence.
- Institutional repository : An online locus for collecting, preserving, and disseminating, in digital form, the intellectual output of an institution, particularly a research institution.
- Open access journal : An academic journal that publishes its articles via Open Access, i.e. such that the content is free to use and reuse for readers.
- Open access mandate : Add brief definition or description
- Gold open access : The practice of publishing articles in scientific journals under an open license; widely used as a synonym for open access publishing.
- Green open access : The practice of making scientific manuscripts freely available, usually by self-archiving in institutional repositories.
- Citation advantage of open access : Add brief definition or description
- Open Access Week : A global event in October, celebrating open access as a means to make the results of scientific research as widely available as possible, at no cost to the reader.
- Academic journal : A regularly-published, peer-reviewed publication that publishes scholarship relating to an academic discipline.
- Blog : A type of website, usually personal, often organized with posts in reverse chronological order.
- Fair use : A limitation of United States federal copyright law providing that a greater societal good is achieved when limited material from copyrighted works can be used without prior permission of the copyright holder.
- Impact factor : A widely used annual measure of how often the papers recently published in an academic journal have been cited in the academic literature.
- Library science : The study of issues related to libraries and the information fields.
- Science 2.0 : An umbrella term used to label the use of Web 2.0 tools for scientific purposes.
- Scientific journal : A publication venue for original research and scholarly review articles — for more than three centuries on paper and now increasingly online.
- Search engine : An application which accepts a query in a specialized (e.g. MEDLINE) or general language (e.g., Google) and responds with bibliographic references (e.g., medical journals, the public Web).