Science 2.0/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Science 2.0, or pages that link to Science 2.0 or to this page or whose text .
- Scientific method : The concept of systematic inquiry based on hypotheses and their testing in light of empirical evidence.
- Scientific research : The practice of using the scientific method to investigate causal relationships in detail.
- Science : The organized body of knowledge based on non–trivial refutable concepts that can be verified or rejected on the base of observation and experimentation
- Web 2.0 : A description of the WWW that allows for greater social interaction between producers and consumers, authors and readers of content, to the point where such distinctions become meaningless.
- Research 2.0 : An umbrella term for the use of Web 2.0 tools and principles in scientific research; often used interchangeably with science 2.0 but technically includes research in fields other than science, such as the humanities.
- Open Science : Add brief definition or description
- Open Access : The free, immediate online access to the results of research, coupled with the right to use those results in new and innovative ways.
- Open Data : Data that are publicly available for use, reuse and redistribution, typically for free via the World Wide Web.
- Science blogging : A blogging platform for scientific topics.
- Research blogging : Add brief definition or description
- Science Commons : A branch of Creative Commons dedicated to making the results of scientific research available in public for use and reuse.
- Creative Commons : A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to enabling the sharing of the digital heritage of humanity.
- Open Source : Add brief definition or description
- Open Knowledge : Spelling variant of open knowledge.
- Open Knowledge Foundation : A non-profit organization in the UK dedicated to promoting open knowledge; founded in 2004.
- Open Government : Add brief definition or description
- Open Education : Add brief definition or description
- Library 2.0 : Add brief definition or description
- Edupunk : Unconventional approaches to education, particularly by means of Web 2.0 tools.
- Citizen science : Scientific research projects involving data gathered by people without formal scientific training.