Many thanks September donors. October donations open to all users. - Donate here
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Explains Web 2.0 tools and their possible uses in research contexts
- Bohland JW, Wu C, Barbas H, Bokil H, Bota M, Breiter HC et al. (2009). "A proposal for a coordinated effort for the determination of brainwide neuroanatomical connectivity in model organisms at a mesoscopic scale". PLoS Comput Biol 5 (3): e1000334. DOI:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1000334. PMID 19325892. PMC PMC2655718. Research Blogging.
- Suggests a framework for the study of the brain in model organisms at a mesoscopic scale, i.e. at length scales between the microscopic (≤ 100μm) and macroscopic (≥ several mm) levels. Based on the experience with the impact of wide-spread data sharing in other scientific disciplines (e.g. genomics), the criteria for a centralized knowledge repository on mesoscopic aspects of the brain in the rat, the macaque and humans are laid out.
- Boulos, M.N.; Maramba, I.; Wheeler, S. (2006). "Wikis, blogs and podcasts: a new generation of Web-based tools for virtual collaborative clinical practice and education". BMC Medical Education 6 (41): 1472-6920. DOI:10.1186/1472-6920-6-41. Research Blogging.