From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Africa : Continent stretching over the equator, hosting deserts, tropical jungles and savannah as well as over fifty nations; population about 900,000,000.
- African Union : Continental organization, which succeeded the Organisation of African Unity on September 9, 1999.
- Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa : Add brief definition or description
- Commonwealth of Nations : An international organisation that evolved out of the British Empire.
- East African Community : Add brief definition or description
- Economic Community for the Great Lake Countries : An economic alliance among Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Rwanda
- Nile Basin Initiative : Add brief definition or description
- Hutu : Add brief definition or description
- Tutsi : Add brief definition or description
- Twa : Add brief definition or description
- International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda : Created by the United Nations Security Council, an international humanitarian law tribunal established to try Rwandan citizens for 1994 violence in Rwanda and neighboring countries, principally between the Hutu and Tutsi ethnic groups
- Burundi : A country of Central Africa, having borders with the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda and Tanzania, as well as coast on Lake Tanganikya.
- Congo-Kinshasa : Country in Central Africa.
- Tanzania : A large coastal East African nation bordered by Kenya, Uganda, Congo and the Indian Ocean.
- Uganda : Landlocked republic in East Africa, located on the equator, bordering the northern and western shores of Lake Victoria.
- Romeo Dallaire : Add brief definition or description