From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Africa : Continent stretching over the equator, hosting deserts, tropical jungles and savannah as well as over fifty nations; population about 900,000,000.
- Hutu : Add brief definition or description
- Tutsi : Add brief definition or description
- International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda : Created by the United Nations Security Council, an international humanitarian law tribunal established to try Rwandan citizens for 1994 violence in Rwanda and neighboring countries, principally between the Hutu and Tutsi ethnic groups
- Democratic Republic of the Congo : Add brief definition or description
- Rwanda : A small landlocked country in the Great Lakes region of central Africa.
- Tanzania : A large coastal East African nation bordered by Kenya, Uganda, Congo and the Indian Ocean.
- Highly Indebted Poor Countries : Countries that are internationally recognized to have a debt load that cannot be cleared with their own resources, where debt service is interfering with human development, and there is a plan for poverty elimination and good financial management