From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Africa : Continent stretching over the equator, hosting deserts, tropical jungles and savannah as well as over fifty nations; population about 900,000,000.
- East Africa : Add brief definition or description
- National Resistance Movement : Ruling party of Uganda; still dominant in new multiparty system
- Conservative Party (Uganda) : Add brief definition or description
- Democratic Party (Uganda) : Add brief definition or description
- Forum for Democratic Change : Add brief definition or description
- Justice Forum : Add brief definition or description
- Peoples Progressive Party : Add brief definition or description
- Ugandan People's Congress : Add brief definition or description
Pressure and insurgent groups
- Lord's Resistance Army : An insurgent group, considered exceptionally brutal by African standards and with its top leaders under indictment by the International Criminal Court, which operates in Uganda, Southern Sudan and possibly Darfur
- Coffee : One of the most popular and widely consumed beverages in the world today.
- Joel Barkan : Senior Associate at the Center for Strategic and International Studies and professor emeritus of political science, University of Iowa, specializing in issues of democratization and governance across Anglophone Africa; first regional democracy and governance adviser for eastern and southern Africa at the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), (1992-1994); United Nations Development Program; National Democratic Institute; World Bank; visiting fellow at U.S. Institute of Peace (1997–1998), Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (2001–2002), University of Cape Town (2004, 2005, and 2007), and National Endowment for Democracy (2000 and 2005–2006)
- African Union : Continental organization, which succeeded the Organisation of African Unity on September 9, 1999.
- Darfur Conflict : A low-technology war, with massive casualties and refugees, in the Darfur area of western Sudan, representing a cultural and economic conflict between traditional pastoralists and nomads, the nomads being supported by the power elite of north Sudan; all parties involved are Muslim, but of African and Arab ethnicity
- World Food Programme : Add brief definition or description
- Kenya : A country of 38 million in East Africa.
- Tanzania : A large coastal East African nation bordered by Kenya, Uganda, Congo and the Indian Ocean.
- Sudan : A nation in East Africa/Horn of Africa, with the largest land area of any country in Africa, and near-continuous civil wars since British independence in 1956; effectively a federation of Arab and African parts, with the southern region voting for independence in 2011.
- South Sudan : North-eastern African nation established in 2011; formerly the southern region of Sudan.
- Idi Amin : Add brief definition or description
- Milton Obote : Add brief definition or description