Richard Dawkins/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Richard Dawkins, or pages that link to Richard Dawkins or to this page or whose text .
- Science : The organized body of knowledge based on non–trivial refutable concepts that can be verified or rejected on the base of observation and experimentation
- Atheism : Absence of belief in any god or other supernatural beings; distinct from antitheism, or opposition to religion, and agnosticism, the position that one cannot know whether such beings exist.
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Evolution : A change over time in the proportions of individual organisms differing genetically.
- Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science : Add brief definition or description
- Skepticism : Add brief definition or description
- Gene selection : Add brief definition or description
- Meme : Shorthand designation for the acceptance and flow of an idea within a culture, popularised by science writer Richard Dawkins.
- Selfish gene : Add brief definition or description
- Gene : The functional unit of heredity.
- Natural selection : The differential survival and/or reproduction of classes of entities that differ in one or more characteristics
- Sexual selection : A type of natural selection due to within-sex competition for successful mating.
- Popular science : Add brief definition or description
- Douglas Adams : (1952–2001) English author, comic radio dramatist, and musician, best known as the author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- Daniel C. Dennett : American author and professor of philosophy at Tufts, has written on free will and the mind.
- A. C. Grayling : Add brief definition or description
- W.D. Hamilton : Add brief definition or description
- Sam Harris : Add brief definition or description
- Christopher Hitchens : Author, journalist and literary critic, perhaps best known for his writings on religion and atheism, and his defence of the Iraq War; contributing editor, Vanity Fair; columnist, The Atlantic; advisory board, Secular Coalition for America (1949-2011).
- Lawrence M. Krauss : Add brief definition or description