From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Library : Collection of books and periodicals.
- National Library of Medicine : The world's largest medical library, based in Bethesda, Maryland.
- MEDLINE : The U.S. National Library of Medicine's® (NLM) premier bibliographic database that contains over 16 million references to journal articles in life sciences with a concentration on biomedicine.
- PMID : Unique number assigned to each PubMed citation of life sciences and biomedical scientific journal articles.
- PubMed Central : Add brief definition or description
- Clinical practice guideline : Document with the aim of guiding decisions and criteria regarding diagnosis, management, and treatment in specific areas of healthcare.
- Academic journal : A regularly-published, peer-reviewed publication that publishes scholarship relating to an academic discipline.
- Medical journal : Add brief definition or description
- Scientific journal : A publication venue for original research and scholarly review articles — for more than three centuries on paper and now increasingly online.
- Open access : The free, immediate online access to the results of research, coupled with the right to use those results in new and innovative ways.
- Open access journal : An academic journal that publishes its articles via Open Access, i.e. such that the content is free to use and reuse for readers.
- Open access mandate : Add brief definition or description
- Open access repository : Add brief definition or description
- Database : A collection of computer-readable records, at one or more location, that are organized in some meaningful way beyond simple sequence of creation
- HubMed : Add brief definition or description
- Science : The organized body of knowledge based on non–trivial refutable concepts that can be verified or rejected on the base of observation and experimentation
- Science 2.0 : An umbrella term used to label the use of Web 2.0 tools for scientific purposes.
- Scientometrics : The quantitative study of the results of scientific research.
- Universal Resource Identifier : Add brief definition or description
- Digital Object Identifier : Add brief definition or description
- : A semantic search engine for PubMed content.