From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Psychosis, or pages that link to Psychosis or to this page or whose text .
- Human biology : Interdisciplinary academic field of biology, biological anthropology, nutrition and medicine which focuses on humans.
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Psychiatry : The subfield of health sciences concerned with mental disorders.
- Schizophrenia : A mental disorder characterized by impaired perception of the individual's environment.
- Antipsychotic agent : Class of medicines used to treat psychosis and other mental and emotional conditions.
- Paranoid personality disorder : a Behavioral disorder characterized by an exaggerated sensitivity to rejection, resentfulness, distrust, and an inclination to distort experiences and events
- Psychotherapy : An intervention or insight technique that relies on communication between a therapist and a client(s) to address specific forms of diagnosable mental illness, or everyday problems
- Schizoid personality disorder : A personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a solitary lifestyle and emotional coldness.
- Borderline personality disorder : A personality disorder marked by a pattern of instability of interpersonal relationships, self-image, and affects, and marked impulsivity beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts. (National Library of Medicine)
- Autism : Developmental disability that results from a disorder of the human central nervous system.
- Fever : Elevation in the central body temperature of warm-blooded animals caused by abnormal functioning of the thermoregulatory mechanisms.
- Hallucination : Perception of objects, sounds, or sensations having no demonstrable reality, usually arising from a disorder of the nervous system or in response to certain drugs.
- Hallucinogen : General group of pharmacological agents classed as psychoactive drugs, which can cause subjective changes in perception, thought, emotion and consciousness.
- Haloperidol : Dopamine antagonist mainly used to treat schizophrenia and some other psychoses
- Model organism : Species often used in research as models for the study of biological processes.
- Multiple sclerosis : A chronic, inflammatory, demyelinating disease that affects the central nervous system (CNS).
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome : Hyperthermia in reaction to the use of neuroleptic or antipsychotic drugs, accompanied by extrapyramidal and autonomic disturbances that may be fatal.
- Serotonin syndrome : Potentially fatal drug interaction caused by combining drugs that raise the level of serotonin in the patient's nervous system to dangerously high levels.