Antipsychotic agent/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Antipsychotic agent, or pages that link to Antipsychotic agent or to this page or whose text .
- Psychiatry : The subfield of health sciences concerned with mental disorders.
- Psychosis : A brain disorder characterized by severely distorted sensory perception.
- Schizophrenia : A mental disorder characterized by impaired perception of the individual's environment.
Atypical second-generation agents
- Olanzapine : An antipsychotic agent medication.
- Quetiapine : A medication and second generation antipsychotic agent.
- Risperidone : An antipsychotic agent medication.
- Aripiprazole : A medication that is a second generation antipsychotic agent.
- Ziprasidone : Add brief definition or description
- Clozapine : A second generation antipsychotic agent medication.
- Amisulpride : Add brief definition or description
- Chlorpromazine : Add brief definition or description
- Trifluoperazine : Add brief definition or description
- Haloperidol : Dopamine antagonist mainly used to treat schizophrenia and some other psychoses
- Dopamine : A monoamine neurotransmitter formed in the brain by the decarboxylation of dopa and essential to the normal functioning of the central nervous system.
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome : Hyperthermia in reaction to the use of neuroleptic or antipsychotic drugs, accompanied by extrapyramidal and autonomic disturbances that may be fatal.
- Neurotransmitter : A class of chemicals which relay, amplify or modulate electrical signals between a neuron and other cells in the nervous system.
- Serotonin : A biochemical messenger and regulator, synthesized from the essential amino acid L-tryptophan.
- Tardive dyskinesia : Add brief definition or description