From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Prolactin, or pages that link to Prolactin or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Prolactin. Needs checking by a human.
- Anterior pituitary : Endocrine gland that secretes hormones to regulate stress, growth, metabolism and reproduction.
- Arcuate nucleus : An aggregation of neurons in the mediobasal hypothalamus with important roles in appetite regulation and in the control of growth hormone secretion and prolactin secretion.
- Biogenic amine receptor : Cell surface proteins that bind biogenic amines with high affinity and regulate intracellular signals which influence the behavior of cells.
- Hormone : A chemical director of biological activity that travels through some portion of the body as a messenger.
- Hypothalamus : A part of the mammalian brain located below the thalamus, forming the major portion of the ventral region of the diencephalon.
- Incidentaloma : Tumour found by coincidence without clinical symptoms or suspicion.
- List of organic compounds : Add brief definition or description
- Median eminence : Specialised region at the base of the brain containing the hypothalamo-hypophysial portal vessels and neuroendocrine nerve endings that release their products into them.
- Neuroendocrinology : The study of the interactions between the nervous system and the endocrine system.
- Peptide hormone : A class of chemical messengers, secreted into the blood from endocrine cells, that bind to specific receptors expressed on the plasma membrane of target cells.