From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Poodle. Needs checking by a human.
- Breed standard : Set of guidelines which is used to ensure that the animals produced by a breeder or breeding facility conform to the specifics of the breed.
- Dachshund : Breed of dog with long body and short legs.
- Dog breed : A selectively-bred dog group with dependably similar and predictable characteristics.
- Dog grooming : the act of cleaning a dog's coat and external organs both for the sake of appearance and for the animal's health and hygiene.
- Dog show : Competition or display of domestic dogs.
- Dog : Domesticated canine often kept as a pet or as a working animal and known as 'man's best friend'.
- Fox Terrier : Small to medium-sized hunting terrier developed to rout fox and vermin.
- Great Dane : A very large dog breed, usually classed in the working dog group.
- John Steinbeck : (1902–1968) One of the best known and most widely read American writers of the 20th century; wrote Grapes of Wrath.
- Kennel club : Society dedicated to the welfare of purebred dogs that sponsor trials and shows, and keep purebred registries.
- Maltese (dog) : Breed of canine in the toy group, known for its silky white hair, descended from dogs originating in the central Mediterranean area.
- Mixed-breed dog : Dog that has characteristics of two or more types of breeds, or is a descendant of feral or pariah dog populations.
- Portuguese Water Dog : A working dog in the retriever family, traditionally used to assist fishermen in Portugal.
- Rottweiler : A large breed of dog known for its great physical strength and strong protective instinct.
- Show dog : One which is exhibited, displayed or otherwise shown off in a competition or performance, often excluding sports and trials.