John Steinbeck/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to John Steinbeck, or pages that link to John Steinbeck or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/John Steinbeck. Needs checking by a human.
- American Civil War : Major war 1861-65 fought over slavery in which the U.S. defeated the secessionist Confederate States of America.
- California : A state of the United States located on the west coast of the North American continent.
- Jazz : American-originated musical style, pioneered by black artists, and emphasizing improvisation.
- John Milton : English 17th-century poet, author of Paradise Lost.
- Of Mice and Men : Novella by John Steinbeck, set in California during the Great Depression.
- Oklahoma : The 46th state admitted to the United States of America.
- Photography : Art and science of capturing an image on a light sensitive material.
- Politics : Activity that relates to the way in which society is governed, and the process by which human beings living in communities make decisions and establish obligatory values for its members.
- Poodle : Popular and intelligent European gun dog and well-known show breed noted for its curly or corded coat.
- Socrates : (ca. 470–399 BCE) Greek philosopher who is credited with laying the foundations of western philosophy; sentenced to death in Athens for heresy.
- The Grapes of Wrath : 1939 novel by John Steinbeck about migrant workers during the US Great Depression.