From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Nursing. Needs checking by a human.
- American Civil War : Major war 1861-65 fought over slavery in which the U.S. defeated the secessionist Confederate States of America.
- Australia : Continent in the Southern Hemisphere and the federal parliamentary nation that occupies it.
- Buckinghamshire : A large county in southern England, whose boundaries changed in 1974
- Complementary and alternative medicine : Set of therapies and treatments not considered mainstream or scientific.
- Crimean War : A war fought between 1853 and 1856 between an alliance of Great Britain, France, Sardinia, and the Ottoman Empire against Russia.
- Epidemiology : The branch of demography that studies patterns of disease in human or animal populations.
- Florence Nightingale : British nursing pioneer (12 May 1820 – 13 August 1910).
- Genetic counsellor : Health science professional who facilitates the exchange of information regarding a person's genetic legacy.
- Gerontology : Biomedical, sociological and psychological study of aging.
- Health science : The helping professions that use applied science to improve health and to treat disease.
- Hospice and palliative medicine : Add brief definition or description
- Infection : Invasion and multiplication of microorganisms in body tissues, especially that causing local cellular injury due to competitive metabolism, toxins, intracellular replication or antigen–antibody response.
- Integrative medicine : Organized health care that involves willing cooperation between mainstream and complementary medicine
- Medical education : Learning process of being a medical practitioner, either the initial training to become a doctor or further training thereafter (including residency).
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Naples : City in Southern Italy, capital of Campania.
- Pain medicine : An interdisciplinary physician subspecialization, within the broad scope of pain management, which often involves team approaches with various physician and nonphysician specialties
- Pain : Unpleasant feeling or hurtful sensation that is conveyed to the brain by stimulation of sensory neurons.
- Rome : The capital city of Italy.
- Shawnee State University : Add brief definition or description
- The University of Texas at Austin : Add brief definition or description
- Therapeutic touch : A form of energy healing, performed by a therapist positioning hands over the patient's body, and sensing and adjusting energy fields
- Triage : The process of sorting victims of disease or violence, so the greatest number can be helped with the available resources, and treatment prioritized to have the best chance of preserving life.