From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Murder. Needs checking by a human.
- Capital punishment : The practice of punishment of a crime through state-sanctioned killing.
- Crime : Acts or omissions that are made offences against the law and which are prosecuted by the State.
- Deus ex machina : A term coming from Classical Theatre which, in modern terms, means an active agent who appears unexpectedly to solve an apparently insoluble difficulty.
- Euthanasia : The act of assisting in the death of an animal or patient, often to end suffering for an incurable disease; a painless death; sometimes called a mercy killing which may or may not be legal.
- Ivy Compton-Burnett : (pronounced 'Cumpton-Burnit', 5 June 1884 – 27 August 1969) An English novelist whose work is propelled by almost perpetual dialogue, and concentrates on family (and sometimes school) life in roughly the Edwardian era.
- Law of the United States : The system of law as it has evolved under the United States Constitution through laws enacted by Congress and treaties to which the U.S. is a party.
- Law : Body of rules of conduct of binding legal force and effect, prescribed, recognized, and enforced by a controlling authority.
- Maximum life span : Measure of the maximum amount of time one or more members of a group has been observed to survive between birth and death.
- Plymouth Colony : English colony in North America, 1620-1691, until it was absorbed by Massachusetts.
- Police : Organized government officials responsible for enforcing the criminal law of their locality, responding to designated emergencies, and various duties considered appropriate by their culture and government
- Satanic ritual abuse : The infliction of nonconsensual rituals, based on Satanic symbols or belief
- Sathya Sai Baba : Controversial South Indian guru, religious leader, and orator, often described as a "godman" and miracle worker.
- The League of Gentlemen (television series) : BBC horror comedy television series (1999-2002), plus 2005 film, mostly set in the fictional northern English town of Royston Vasey; multiple roles written and played by Steve Pemberton, Reece Shearsmith and Mark Gatiss, with Jeremy Dyson also writing for the series.
- Tort : An act for which the person against whom the act has been performed has a legal right to sue and recover damages.