Capital punishment/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Capital punishment, or pages that link to Capital punishment or to this page or whose text .
- Crime : Acts or omissions that are made offences against the law and which are prosecuted by the State.
- Law : Body of rules of conduct of binding legal force and effect, prescribed, recognized, and enforced by a controlling authority.
- Punishment : The imposition of a penalty for a wrong-doing, often a crime.
- Beheading : Capital punishment by a method that cuts through the neck to sever the head from the body, either with a manually swung edged weapon such as an axe or sword, or with a machine such as a guillotine
- Guillotine : A device developed by Doctor Joseph-Ignace Guillotin, a French physician, as a humane device for execution.
- Electric chair : Add brief definition or description
- Gas chamber : Add brief definition or description
- Hanging : Add brief definition or description
- Lethal injection : Add brief definition or description
- Shooting : A collection of sports broadly sub-divided by the type of gun being used (i.e., pistol, rifle, shotgun).
- Cardioplegia : Add brief definition or description
- Euthanasia : The act of assisting in the death of an animal or patient, often to end suffering for an incurable disease; a painless death; sometimes called a mercy killing which may or may not be legal.
- Potassium chloride : Add brief definition or description
- Succinylcholine : Add brief definition or description
- Thiopental : Add brief definition or description