Life expectancy/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Life expectancy, or pages that link to Life expectancy or to this page or whose text .
- Life : Living systems, of which biologists seek the commonalities distinguishing them from nonliving systems.
- Death : State of thermodynamic equilibrium achieved after the end of life.
- Demography : The study of the change in the size, density, distribution and composition of human populations over time.
- Statistics : A branch of mathematics that specializes in enumeration, or counted, data and their relation to measured data.
- Aging (biology) : The gradual irreversible changes in structure and function of an organism that occur as a result of the passage of time.
- History : Study of past human events based on evidence such as written documents.
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
- Life extension : Medical and non-medical attempts to slow down or reverse the processes of aging, to extend both the maximum and average lifespan.
- Maximum life span : Measure of the maximum amount of time one or more members of a group has been observed to survive between birth and death.
- Mortality (demography) : Mortality is the branch of demography that studies rates and causes of deaths for a population as a whole.
- Multiple sclerosis : A chronic, inflammatory, demyelinating disease that affects the central nervous system (CNS).
- Social history : A branch of history that examines ordinary people and their strategies of coping with life, social organizations, social movements and deliberate attempts to induce social change.