From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Becker, Gary S.; Philipson, Tomas J.; and Soares, Rodrigo R. "The Quantity and Quality of Life and the Evolution of World Inequality." American Economic Review 2005 95(1): 277-291. Issn: 0002-8282 Fulltext: in Ebsco
- Edwards, Ryan D. and Tuljapurkar, Shripad. "Inequality in Life Spans and a New Perspective on Mortality Convergence across Industrialized Countries." Population And Development Review 2005 31(4): 645-674. Issn: 0098-7921
- Allen, Robert, Tommy Bengtsson, and Martin Dribe, eds. Living Standards in the Past: New Perspectives on Well-Being in Asia and Europe (2005)
- Bengtsson, Tommy, Cameron Campbell, and James Lee, eds. Life under Pressure: Mortality and Living Standards in Europe and Asia, 1700–1900 (2004)
- Derosas, Renzo, Michel Oris, and Osamu Saito, eds. When Dad Dies (2002).
- Fogel, Robert W. The Escape from Hunger and Premature Death, 1700-2100: Europe, America, and the Third World (2004)
- Fogel, Robert W. "Changes in the Disparities in Chronic Diseases during the Course of the 20th Century." Perspectives In Biology And Medicine 2005 48(1 Supplement): S150-S165. Issn: 0031-5982 Fulltext: in Project Muse
- Oeppen, Jim, and James W. Vaupel, "Enhanced: Broken Limits to Life Expectancy," Science (May 10 2002): Vol. 296. no. 5570, pp. 1029 - 1031 abstract and cites
- Preston, Samuel H., and Haidong Wang, “Sex Mortality Differences in the United States: The Role of Cohort Smoking Patterns,” Demography, 43 (Nov. 2006), 631–46.
- Riley, James C. Rising Life Expectancy: A Global History (2001)
- Riley, James C. "The Timing and Pace of Health Transitions around the World." Population and Development Review 2005 31(4): 741-764. ISSN: 0098-7921
- Smith, David W. E., and Benjamin S. Bradshaw, “Variation in Life Expectancy during the Twentieth Century in the United States,” Demography, 43 (Nov. 2006), 647–57.
- Helmut Wendel, and Christopher S Wendel. Vital Statistics of the United States Births, Life Expectancy, Deaths and Selected Health Data (2006)