Legionella pneumophila/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Legionella pneumophila, or pages that link to Legionella pneumophila or to this page or whose text .
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Health Sciences : Add brief definition or description
- Infectious disease : In broad terms, diseases caused by living organisms; also a subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the treatment of such diseases
- Microbiology : The study of microorganisms (overlapping with areas of virology, bacteriology, mycology, and parasitology).
- Legionnaires' disease : Type of pneumonia caused by the bacterial species Legionella pneumophila, a ubiquitous aquatic organism that thrives in warm environments.
- Coxiella burnetii : The rickettsia that causes Q fever.
- Cross infection : Any infection which a patient contracts in a health-care institution.
- Horizontal gene transfer : Transfer of genetic material to a being other than one of the donor's offspring.
- Industrial cooling tower : Heat rejection systems used primarily to provide circulating cooling water in large industrial facilities.