Le Duan/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
< Le Duan
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Le Duan. Needs checking by a human.
- Bui Tin : A Senior Colonel in the People's Army of Viet Nam, serving as a staff officer and a journalist for official publications, who was later exiled for his writings on the war
- Communist Party of Viet Nam : Sole political party of Vietnam
- Dau tranh : A term of art used in Vietnamese Communist revolutionary war theory, roughly translated to "struggle", and having components of political action, guerrilla warfare, and psychological warfare.
- Democratic Republic of Vietnam : Communist state in Vietnam; formally the Democratic Republic of Vietnam. Proclaimed 1945, recognized 1954, and with South Vietnam transformed into the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in 1976
- Fall of South Vietnam : The result of a series of conventional military actions by the People's Army of Viet Nam, under the direction of the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, which led to the dissolution of the Republic of Vietnam and the reunification of North and South Vietnam into the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- General Offensive-General Uprising : A series of strategic concepts, still not fully understood in the West, from the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, differing from Chinese and Soviet doctrine, and focused on creating the conditions for victory in first 1965, and then 1968. The eventual execution did not succeed, and caused a change in strategic direction, as well as shifts in power in the Party, after the Tet Offensive.
- Ho Chi Minh : Vietnamese communist and nationalist leader and revolutionary (1890–1969); president of North Vietnam 1946–1969.
- Indochinese revolution : The period, within the Wars of Vietnam, 1858-1987, between which France reasserted its colonial authority over Indochina in 1945, created a proto-state of Vietnam under a provisional government during which there was increasing insurgency, fought conventionally combat with the Viet Minh starting in 1950, and ended in 1954. The end, militarily, involved the defeat of French forces at Dien Bien Phu and. politically, with the creation of North Vietnam and South Vietnam by the Geneva accords
- Nguyen Van Linh : Market-oriented Communist economist; head of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in 1986.
- People's Army of Viet Nam : The Communist military forces originally of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (i.e., North Vietnam), and then of the country after it was forcibly reunified in 1975.
- Pham Van Dong : Early Indochinese revolutionary, and then Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North) and the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam for 30 years
- The Two Vietnams after Geneva : The period following the 1954 Geneva meeting that partitioned Vietnam into North and South.
- Tran Van Tra : General officer of the People's Army of Viet Nam, serving from 1954 to the fall of South Vietnam, who has been in some disfavor for writing a frank history of the North Vietnamese side.
- Truong Chinh : North Vietnamese Politburo member and political theorist, especially advocating agrarian land reform, class struggle, and the "political dau trinh" form of strategy rather than the more military form of Vo Nguyen Giap. Both were eclipsed in power by Le Duan.
- U.S. support to South Vietnam before Gulf of Tonkin : A period of overt advisory and combat support by the U.S. to South Vietnam, from roughly 1962 to mid-1964
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Vietnamese Communist grand strategy : Add brief definition or description
- Vietnamization : A policy, formalized by name in the Nixon Administration but reflecting earlier U.S. thinking, of making the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam primarily responsible for conventional ground combat, in South Vietnam, during the Vietnam War
- Vo Nguyen Giap : The most prominent general of the Viet Minh, the People's Army of Viet Nam, and eventually Defense Minister and Politburo member of North Vietnam
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China