John Stuart Mill/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to John Stuart Mill, or pages that link to John Stuart Mill or to this page or whose text .
- Economics : The analysis of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
- Philosophy : The study of the meaning and justification of beliefs about the most general, or universal, aspects of things.
- Politics : Activity that relates to the way in which society is governed, and the process by which human beings living in communities make decisions and establish obligatory values for its members.
- Political philosophy : Branch of philosophy that deals with fundamental questions about politics.
- History of political thought : The development of political ideas over time since the discovery of politics in Plato, Confucius and Mencius.
- History of economic thought : the historical development of economic thinking.
- Empiricism : The branch of knowledge that views sense experience as the only source of knowledge.
- Feminism : Movement seeking the emancipation of women from discriminatory gender roles and laws.
- Liberalism : Economic and political doctrine advocating free enterprise, free competition and free will.
- Utilitarianism : Philosophical doctrine created by Jeremy Bentham and James Mill which states that an action can be considered good to the extent that it increases the general level of happiness in society.