From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Guinea-Bissau, or pages that link to Guinea-Bissau or to this page or whose text .
- Geography : Study of the surface of the Earth and the activities of humanity upon it.
- Republic : A form of government in which political power and authority is derived from the citizenry, and not from a monarch, whether hereditary or "tyrannical" (ie, a dictator).
- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- Africa : Continent stretching over the equator, hosting deserts, tropical jungles and savannah as well as over fifty nations; population about 900,000,000.
- Atlantic Ocean : Second largest ocean in the world; separates the Americas from Europe and Africa.
- Bissagos Islands : Add brief definition or description
- Bolama : Add brief definition or description
- Portugal : South-west European republic (population c. 10.7 million; capital Lisbon) on the western side of the Iberian Peninsula, with a long Atlantic coastline to its west and bordering Spain to the north and east.
- British Empire : The worldwide domain controlled by Britain from its origins about 1600
- Mali Empire : Add brief definition or description
- Senegal : Once a French colony, now an influential yet Highly Indebted Poor Country with diplomatic and military impact well beyond its borders
- Guinea : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Guinea (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Bissau : Add brief definition or description
- Cacheu : Add brief definition or description
- Nuno Tristão : Add brief definition or description
- António de Spínola : Add brief definition or description
- Amílcar Cabral : Add brief definition or description
- Aristides Pereira : Add brief definition or description
- Luís Cabral : Add brief definition or description
- João Bernardo Vieira : Add brief definition or description
- Carnation Revolution : Add brief definition or description
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- Cape Verde : Island republic, spanning an archipelago of ten islands and five islets in the Atlantic Ocean, off Senegal.
- Sierra Leone : Former British colony on the coast of West Africa, extremely rich in resources including blood diamonds, temperate climate, but failed state due to repeated civil wars and banditry; capital, Freetown, was a significant convoy port in WWII
- Ulysses S. Grant : (1822-1885) American general and 18th president of the United States (1869-1877).