From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Neuroglia, or pages that link to Neuroglia or to this page or whose text .
- Central nervous system : The main information-processing organs of the nervous system, consisting of the brain, spinal cord, and meninges.
- Astrocyte : A non-neural cell type in the brain and spinal cord of vertebrates.
- Ependyma : Add brief definition or description
- Oligodendrocyte : Add brief definition or description
- Microglia : Add brief definition or description
- Astrocytoma : A glioma arising from astrocytes of the central nervous system; range from indolent to highly aggressive
- Glioblastoma : An aggressively invasive neoplasm of the central nervous system, primarily the brain; not curable but length of survival has improved somewhat in recent years
- Cerebrospinal fluid : The liquid in which the central nervous system is embedded.
- Brain ventricle : A space in the brain that is filled with cerebrospinal fluid.
- Brain development : The build-up of the brain from ectodermal cells to a complex structure of neurons, glia and blood vessels.
- Brain evolution : The process by which the central nervous system changed over many generations.
- Myelin : The proteinaceous material constituting most of the insulating sheath that surrounds the axons of nerve cells.