Brain development/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Brain development, or pages that link to Brain development or to this page or whose text .
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Developmental biology : The study of how cells grow and interact to form an organism.
- Gyrification : The folding process during brain development, or the extent of folding.
- Infant growth and development : Normal growth and development of infants measured within a set of height, weight, head circumference and other physical parameters, comparative to age.
- Brain evolution : The process by which the central nervous system changed over many generations.
- Brain morphometry : The quantitative study of structures in the brain, their differences between individuals, correlations with brain function, and changes of these characteristics over time.
- Brain size : Umbrella term for various measures of how big a brain is.
- Cerebral cortex : External tissue layer within the vertebrate brain, ensheathed by the pia mater; home to the nerve cell bodies; important in learning and dementia.
- Cortical thickness : The combined thickness of the cerebral cortex layers.
- Neuroanatomy : The branch of anatomy that studies the anatomical organization of the nervous system.
- Neurology : The medical specialty concerned with evaluating the nervous system and the other system that it affects, and the treatment of nervous system disorders.
- Psychiatry : The subfield of health sciences concerned with mental disorders.
- Altriciality : Add brief definition or description
- Precociality : Add brief definition or description
- Synaptic pruning : The usage-controlled loss of connections between nerve cells during brain development.