Edmund Burke/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Edmund Burke, or pages that link to Edmund Burke or to this page or whose text .
- American Revolution : The political and military action of the American colonists who overthrew British control between 1763-1789.
- Roots of American conservatism : Those formative events that led to the modern American conservative movement
- Russell Kirk : (1918–1994) American conservative political theorist; wrote The Conservative Mind (1953), helping to spark a conservative revival.
- French Revolution : The revolutionary episode in France that deposed the king and the aristocracy, created a republic, and included a period of terror, in which thousands were killed or driven into exile.
- Glorious Revolution : (1688 - 89) Largely bloodless events which deposed King James VII and II (of Scotland and England), brought William and Mary to the thrones and established the monarchy on a contract basis.
- Jean Jacques Rousseau : Add brief definition or description
- Thomas Paine : (1737-1809) English writer, intellectual and revolutionary whose works were influential during the Enlightenment in the United States and Europe.
- Whig Party, Britain : Member of an 18th- and 19th-century British political party that was opposed to the Tories, originally a Scottish Presbyterian opponent of Anglican government.