From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Christmas, or pages that link to Christmas or to this page or whose text .
- Christianity : The largest world religion, which centers around the worship of one God, his son Jesus Christ, and his Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ : Add brief definition or description
- Christmas carol : A song or hymn associated with Christmas.
- Christmas Eve : The 24th of December, the day before Christmas Day.
- Lessons and carols : A Christian church service taking place during Advent. It includes reading from the bible, sometimes with explanation, (the "lessons") and Christmas Carol (the "carols").
- : In catholic tradition, the Mass which takes place in the evening of the 24th of December, also known as Mass at Midnight or The First Mass of Christmas.
- : A fourth century bishop now closely associated with Christmas and the patron saint of (among many) Amsterdam, Russia, children and sailors; the inspiration for Santa Claus.
- Santa Claus : Add brief definition or description
Christmas in the arts
- It's a Wonderful Life
- Miracle on 34th Street
- A Christmas Carol/Catalogs/Plays and films based on A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales
- The Year without a Santa Claus
- Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- : The pilot film for The Waltons television show.
- Amahl and the Night Visitors - an opera
- The Nutcracker - a ballet
- Elvis' Christmas Album : Fourth studio album by Elvis Presley, released on 15 October 1957.
The liturgical year
- Advent : The first season of the Christian year that lasts for four weeks and is marked by preparations for the celebration of Christmas.
- : A circle of interwoven, sometimes highly decorated evergreens with candles, used during the season of Advent in preparation for Christmas. The candles are lit on the four successive Sundays preceding Christmas Day, with a final, central candle being lit on Christmas Eve. The Advent Wreath began in Germany as a private observance in people's homes, but is now widely used in churches as well.
- : Christian feast commemorating the visit of the magi to the infant Jesus. It marks the end of Christmastide.