From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Animal : A multicellular organism that feeds on other organisms, and is distinguished from plants, fungi, and unicellular organisms.
- Mammal : A warm-blooded animal with a backbone which also has hair, and produces milk to feed its young.
- Pet : Particularly cherished or indulged companion animal.
- Cat breed : Infrasubspecific rank for the classification of domestic cats.
- Cat colors : The range of colors and patterns exhibited in the coats of cats.
- Choosing a cat : Process of selecting a cat.
- Big cat : The large wild felines including lions, tigers and leopards.
- Coat (animal) : The pelage of a show animal or a garment design to protect an animal from harsh weather.
- Domestication : The process of habituating wild animals or plants to live in association with humans, thereby providing us with food, livestock and pets.