Castles in Japan/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Castles in Japan, or pages that link to Castles in Japan or to this page or whose text .
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
- Culture of Japan : Set of traditions, pastimes, artistic expression, use of language, belief systems and so on that distinguishes Japan from other nations.
- Castle : A building which was designed to protect people and property inside, and typically belonged to an important or wealthy person such as a lord or monarch.
- Himeji Castle : Sixteenth-century Japanese fortification, built of wood rather than stone and well-preserved, with a maze of pathways designed to confuse invaders; today a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Hideyoshi Toyotomi : (豊臣秀吉 Toyotomi Hideyoshi, 1536?-1598) Japanese feudal warlord, regarded as one of the nation's greatest military leaders and a unifying figure in mediaeval Japan, elevated to the status of a deity in the traditional Shinto religion after his death.