Blue Force Tracker/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Blue Force Tracker, or pages that link to Blue Force Tracker or to this page or whose text .
- Command and control : The combination of lawful authority over people and resources, coupled with the methods of directing their execution of missions and tasks directed at goals set by that authority
- Restructuring of the United States Army : A major doctrinal and organization redesign of the United States Army, with its chief feature being moving from the division to the Brigade Combat Team and new supporting brigade structures as the basic Unit of Action
- Army Battle Command System : The set of information systems and components that support the operational-level command and control of the U.S. Army, abbreviated ABCS
- Information overload : A perception by a person (or observer) that the information associated with work tasks is greater than can be managed effectively, and a perception that such overload creates a degree of stress for which the coping strategies are ineffective.
- Force XXI Battle Command Brigade and Below : A U.S. Army system of pocket- and laptop-sized, user-friendly networked computers, for command and control from the individual soldier up to the brigade combat team
- Enhanced Position Location Reporting System : A portable or vehicle-mounted U.S. Army device that transmits friendly force positions for command and control, fires with precision-guided munitions, and logistical support
- Warfighter Information Network–Tactical : Deployed in several increments of increasing capability, this is the partially deplyed tactical communications system for the U.S. Army, which have far more bandwidth and is becoming a mobile "on the move" self-organizing network; sometimes called the "tactical internet" Through the Army Battle Command System, it interfaces to the Global Information Grid.
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation