From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Amsterdam, or pages that link to Amsterdam or to this page or whose text .
- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- Netherlands : Constitutional monarchy (population c. 16.6 million; capital Amsterdam) located at the delta of three major rivers (Rhine, Maas or Meuse, and Schelde) in north-western Europe; situated between Germany and Belgium, and bordering the North Sea to the north and west; founding member of the European Union.
- Netherlands, history : Add brief definition or description
- Holland : The western part of the Netherlands bordering the North Sea, divided into the provinces Noord Holland and Zuid Holland.
- University of Amsterdam : Add brief definition or description
- Dam square : Add brief definition or description
- Rijksmuseum : Add brief definition or description
- Van Gogh Museum : Add brief definition or description
- Anne Frank House : Add brief definition or description
- Amstel (river) : Add brief definition or description
- Amstel (beer) : Add brief definition or description
- : A series of ceramic, metal and furniture workshops set up by Willem C. Hoeker in a rural location beside the river Amstel near Amsterdam in the fall of 1897. Although Hoeker termed the operation a 'factory' it employed skilled artists and craftsmen and was organized in the manner of tradition craft production.
- Jacques Goudstikker : (1897 - 1940) Jewish Dutch art dealer.
- Johannes Diderik van der Waals : (1837 – 1923) Dutch scientist, proposed the van der Waals equation of state for gases.
- Rotterdam : (584.046 inhabitants on January 1 2007) The second largest city in The Netherlands by population size.
- The Hague : The Hague is the seat of government of the Netherlands.