Johannes Diderik van der Waals/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Johannes Diderik van der Waals, or pages that link to Johannes Diderik van der Waals or to this page or whose text .
- Van der Waals forces : Weak forces between (closed-shell) atoms and molecules. Attractive for long distances, repulsive for short distances. Sometimes used as synonym for the attractive London (dispersion) force (the only attractive force between noble gases).
- Van der Waals equation : An equation of state for a fluid composed of particles that have a non-zero size and a pairwise attractive inter-particle force.
- Van der Waals radius : A theoretical estimate of the size of an atom not engaged in a chemical bond.
- Theoretical chemistry : The description of atoms, molecules and reactions in mathematical form.
- : The description of natural phenomena in mathematical form.
- Thermodynamics : The statistical description of the properties of molecular systems
- Hydrogen bond : A non-covalent and non-ionic chemical bond involving a hydrogen atom and either Fluorine, Nitrogen, or Oxygen.