Van der Waals forces/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Van der Waals forces, or pages that link to Van der Waals forces or to this page or whose text .
- Intermolecular forces: Non-covalent forces between atoms and molecules; often synonymous with Van der Waals forces.
- Johannes Diderik van der Waals: (1837 – 1923) Dutch scientist, proposed the van der Waals equation of state for gases.
- Van der Waals equation: An equation of state for a fluid composed of particles that have a non-zero size and a pairwise attractive inter-particle force.
- Van der Waals radius: A theoretical estimate of the size of an atom not engaged in a chemical bond.
- Van der Waals molecule: A stable molecular cluster consisting of two or more molecules held together by van der Waals forces or by hydrogen bonds.