- Mechanics : In physics, all theories explaining the behaviour of matter.
- Mechanical engineering : The branch of engineering concerned with the utilisation of the basic laws of mathematics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, and system dynamics in order to create unique solutions to physical problems.
- Simple machine : Six mechanical concepts, known from antiquity, which form the basis of many modern tools and machines
- Axle : Add brief definition or description
- Tire : Add brief definition or description
- Gear (mechanical) : Add brief definition or description
- Pulley : Add brief definition or description
- Friction (science) : The force that resists the relative lateral (tangential) motion of solid surfaces, fluid layers, or other materials in contact.
- Rolling resistance : Resistance that occurs when a round object such as a ball or tire rolls on a flat surface.