Voyenno-vozdushnye sily Rossii/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Voyenno-vozdushnye sily Rossii, or pages that link to Voyenno-vozdushnye sily Rossii or to this page or whose text .
- MiG-25 (fighter) : A high-speed, high-altitude Soviet-designed aircraft (NATO reporting name FOXBAT) used in interceptor and reconnaissance roles
- MiG-29 (fighter) : A Russian multirole fighter, designated FULCRUM by NATO, roughly comparable to the F-16 Fighting Falcon and F-18 Hornet; K version is carrier-capable
- Su-27 (fighter) : A Soviet/Russian air superiority fighter comparable to the U.S. F-15 Eagle, with many variants as well as export and co-production versions; K version is carrier-capable; Su-30 and Su-34 are derivatives
- Tu-22M : A Russian supersonic bomber aircraft, also leased to India, which is in the same non-nuclear delivery arms control category as the U.S. B-1 Lancer; a significant number are assigned to Naval Aviation
- Tu-160 : Russian heavy bomber, NATO designation BLACKJACK, with supersonic capability and intercontinental range. It somewhat resembles the U.S. B-1 Lancer, which does not carry nuclear weapons, but is certified for nuclear weapon delivery and is counted in strategic arms limitation treaties.
- Vympel R-27 (missile) : Russian air-to-air missile in continued development, principally a medium- to long-range beyond-visual-range weapon
- Vympel R-37 (missile) : A Russian long-range air-to-air missile, the successor to the Vympel R-33 (Western: AA-9 AMOS), succeeded by the Novator R-172
- Vympel R-73 (missile) : A fourth-generation Russian air-to-air missile, with infrared guidance intended for dogfighting.
- Novator R-172 (missile) : An extremely long-range Russian air-to-air missile, licensed to India, apparently optimized for attacking high-value assets such as Airborne Warning and Control System, air refueling and cruise missile carrier aircraft
- Cold War : Geostrategic, economic and ideological struggle from about 1947 to 1991 between the Soviet Union and the United States and their allies.