Vibrio vulnificus/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Vibrio vulnificus, or pages that link to Vibrio vulnificus or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Vibrio vulnificus. Needs checking by a human.
- Gastroenteritis : Inflammation of any segment of the gastrointestinal tract from esophagus to rectum. Causes of gastroenteritis are many including genetic, infection, hypersensitivity, drug effects, and cancer.
- Hemochromatosis : Hereditary disorder affecting iron metabolism in which excessive amounts of iron accumulate in the body tissues, characterized by diabetes mellitus, liver dysfunction, and a bronze pigmentation of the skin.
- Sepsis : A systemic inflammatory response caused by an infection, which can be an immune response to the foreign organisms or a direct response to an exotoxin
- Septic shock : Serious medical condition caused by decreased tissue perfusion and oxygen delivery as a result of infection and sepsis.
- Vibrio (genus) : Gram-negative bacteria possessing a curved rod shape, typically found in saltwater, with some species causing serious diseases in humans and other animals such as cholera.
- Vibrio fischeri : Gram-negative rod-shaped bacterium, found globally in the marine environments in symbiosis with certain deep sea marine life with their bioluminescent organs.
- Vibrio parahaemolyticus : Curved, rod-shaped, Gram-negative bacterium found in brackish saltwater, which, when ingested, causes gastrointestinal illness in humans.