User talk:Vincent Hou
[User bio is in User:Your Name]
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, our help system and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via Twitter. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forum is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any administrator for help, too. Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun!
You can find some more information about our collaboration groups if you follow this link CZ:Workgroups.You can always ask me on my talk page or others about how to proceed or any other question you might have.
Some ideas for contributions
Hi Vincent, welcome aboard CZ. Robert has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical hints on what possibilities you have to contribute. For a start, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of the related CZ articles (for documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Microbiology: The study of microorganisms (overlapping with areas of virology, bacteriology, mycology, and parasitology).
- Bacteria: A major group of single-celled microorganisms.
- Fun: Someone or something that provides amusement, enjoyment or pleasure.
- College: Add brief definition or description
- Student: Add brief definition or description
- Biomedical engineering: The application of engineering principles to the study and manipulation of biological systems and to the support of health care.
- Knowledge: On one common account by philosophers, justified, true belief; often used in a looser way by everyone else to mean any truth or belief, and also a whole body of truth or a whole system of belief.
- Photography: Art and science of capturing an image on a light sensitive material.
Daniel Mietchen 11:03, 2 September 2008 (CDT)
Please join us for Biology Week!
I am giving you this personal invitation to join us this week for Biology Week!
You're a Citizendium Biology Author and we need authors as much as editors here to get involved. Did you know that there are over 200 biology authors here? Yep!
Please join us on the wiki and add or revise biology articles. Also, please let your friends and colleagues who are biologists, biology students, or naturalists, know about Biology Week and ask them to join us, too. Any way you can help make it an event would be most welcome. Think of it as a Biology Workgroup open house. Let's see if we can kick up activity a notch!
Thanks in advance! --Larry Sanger 13:16, 22 September 2008 (CDT)