User talk:Joseph Byrd
Welcome, new editor! We're very glad you've joined us. Here are pointers for a quick start. Also, when you get a chance, please read The Editor Role. You can look at Getting Started for other helpful introductory pages. It is essential for you as an editor to join the Citizendium-Editors (broadcast) mailing list in order to stay abreast of editor-related issues. If you wish, just ask me to create a "personal sandbox" for you where you can test out editing and writing articles. If you need help to get going, it is a good idea to join our discussion forums. That's where we discuss policy, proposals or technical problems. You can ask any constable for help, too. Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and thank you! We appreciate your willingness to share your expertise, and we hope to see you begin actively editing and contributing to Citizendium. Milton Beychok 02:31, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
A warm personal welcome
Joseph, I just want to express my personal welcome to you and I very much hope that you will enjoy editing and writing articles in Citizendium. Be sure to let me know if you need any help.
Best regards and enjoy! --- Milton Beychok 02:35, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
Some ideas for contributions
Dear Joseph, welcome aboard CZ. Milton has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical suggestions on what possibilities you have to contribute. For a start, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of related CZ articles (for icon documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Music : The art of structuring time by combining sound and silence into rhythm, harmonies and melodies.
- Musical syntax : A set of culture-specific rules underlying the composition and interpretation of music and often dance, too.
- Music perception : The study of the neural mechanisms involved in people perceiving rhythms, melodies, harmonies and other musical features.
- Musical instrument : An object constructed or used for the purpose of making music.
- Popular music : Music that is accessible to the general public and disseminated by one or more of the mass media.
- Symphony : A large-scale musical composition, generally regarded as the central orchestral form.
- Orchestra : A large group of musicians performing together, usually led by a conductor.
- Capitol Records : Add brief definition or description
- Led Zeppelin : Famous and influential English hard rock and blues group formed in 1968, known for their albums Led Zeppelin IV and Physical Graffiti, and songs 'Stairway to Heaven' and 'Whole Lotta Love'.
- The Beatles : English rock band of the 1960's.
- John Lennon : (born October 9, 1940; died December 8, 1980) Singer, songwriter, and rhythm guitarist for the Beatles.
- Yoko Ono : Add brief definition or description
- John Cage : Add brief definition or description
- Raga : Add brief definition or description
- International Association for the Study of Popular Music : Add brief definition or description
Furthermore, in case you are involved in homework assignments, please consider doing so via Eduzendium articles.
Finally, you can help future newcomers by giving your feedback on the above suggestions. To do so, please leave a note on my talk page.
Looking forward to fruitful collaborative editing, --Daniel Mietchen 13:54, 31 July 2010 (UTC)