United Kingdom exit from the European Union/Related Articles
- See also changes related to United Kingdom exit from the European Union, or pages that link to United Kingdom exit from the European Union or to this page or whose text .
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- European Union : Political and economic association of 28 European states.
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- United Kingdom European Union membership referendum, 2016 : National vote in the United Kingdom on remaining a member of the European Union, which took place on 23rd June 2016 and resulted in 52% support for leaving the EU.
- David Cameron : Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from May 2010 to July 2016 and leader of the country's Conservative Party December 2005 - July 2016; Member of Parliament for Witney from May 2001 to September 2016 (born 1966).
- Jeremy Corbyn : Leader of the Opposition and UK Labour Party since 12th September 2015; MP for Islington North since 1983 (born 1949).
- George Osborne : Former UK Chancellor of the Exchequer (finance minister); Member of Parliament for Tatton (born 1971).
Conservative Party leadership contenders
- Andrea Leadsom : UK Conservative politician, junior minister for energy and Member of Parliament for South Northamptonshire since 2010; prominent 'leave' campaigner in 2016 UK EU referendum who was one of final two candidates that year for leadership of the Conservative Party and role of Prime Minister, but withdrew quickly after making controversial comments about motherhood and public office (born 1963).
- Theresa May : Prime Minister of the United Kingdom since 13th July 2016 and leader of the Conservative Party since 11th July 2016; Home Secretary (responsible for internal affairs) 2010-2016 who has held various positions in government and Opposition since 1999; Member of Parliament for Maidenhead since 1997 (born 1956).
- Defeated and withdrawn:
- Stephen Crabb : Add brief definition or description
- Liam Fox : UK politician, formerly Secretary of State for Defence; Member of Parliament for North Somerset since 1992 (born 1961).
- Michael Gove : Add brief definition or description
- Jean-Claude Juncker : Add brief definition or description
- Martin Schulz : Add brief definition or description
- Donald Tusk : Add brief definition or description
- Government of the United Kingdom : Constitutional government where executive authority notionally lies with the monarch but is exercised in practice by her ministers, and is the collective name for these ministers.