USS Lexington (CV-2)/Related Articles
- See also changes related to USS Lexington (CV-2), or pages that link to USS Lexington (CV-2) or to this page or whose text .
- See also: USS Lexington (disambiguation)
- Aircraft carrier : A warship designed to launch and recover combat aircraft and aircraft that support military operations
- Lexington-class : A two-ship class of aircraft carriers, the first built by the U.S. Navy for operations rather than experimentation; converted from cancelled battlecruiser hulls
- Battle of the Coral Sea : Fought in May 1942, the first battle between naval forces built around aircraft carriers, in which the opposing United States and Japanese ships never saw one another; it was a tactical Japanese defeat and strategic U.S. victory
- Battlecruiser : A large warship with guns comparable to those of a battleship, equal or greater speed, but less armor; "can catch what it can kill and run away from what can kill it"; had disastrous experiences when fighting true battleships
- USS Saratoga (CV-3) : Lexington-class U.S. Navy aircraft carrier, converted from a battle cruiser hull in 1927, and serving throughout World War II; sunk in 1946 during nuclear weapon tests