The Kinks/Related Articles
- See also changes related to The Kinks, or pages that link to The Kinks or to this page or whose text .
- Music : The art of structuring time by combining sound and silence into rhythm, harmonies and melodies.
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- England : The largest and southernmost country in the United Kingdom, and location of the largest city and seat of government, London; population about 51,000,000.
- British Invasion : Rock and roll, beat and pop performers from the United Kingdom who became popular in the United States from 1964 to 1967.
- Heavy metal (music) : Heavy metal (often referred to simply as metal) is a popular genre of rock music that evolved in the late 1960s and early 1970s, from heavy blues and psychedelic rock.
- Hard rock : Add brief definition or description
- The Rolling Stones : Famous and influential English blues rock group formed in 1962, known for their albums Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers, and songs '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction' and 'Start Me Up'.
- The White Stripes : American rock duo, formed in 1997 in Detroit, Michigan, consisting of songwriter Jack White (vocals, guitar and piano) and Meg White (drums and occasional vocals).
- The Yardbirds : Influential English R&B group formed in 1963, widely known for launching the careers of three guitarists: Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page.
- Jimmy Page : (b. 9 January 1944) English session guitarist and founder of influential group Led Zeppelin, known for his production techniques and blues influenced lead guitar soloing.