Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Skin. Needs checking by a human.
- Abdominoplasty : Surgerical procedure used to correct a loose or sagging abdomen; a "tummy tuck".
- Acupuncture point : According to the earliest oriental extant medical treatise, the Yellow Emperor's Classic, "holes" on the surface of the body enabling the life force, or qi (ch'i) to pass in an out of the body.
- Acupuncture : A form of alternative medicine that involves inserting and manipulating needles into 'acupuncture points' on the body with the aim of restoring health and well-being.
- Animal : A multicellular organism that feeds on other organisms, and is distinguished from plants, fungi, and unicellular organisms.
- Antibacterial : Substance that destroys bacteria or suppresses their growth or reproduction.
- Cosmetic surgery : Surgery in which the principal purpose is to improve the appearance, usually with the connotation of beautification.
- Cytoskeleton : The mechanical scaffold, made up of fibrous proteins, determining the shape of a cell.
- Dermatology : Field of medicine that specialises in the treatment of skin disorders.
- Dermatomic area : An area of skin that is supplied by a single pair of dorsal roots.
- Diabetic neuropathy : Negative effects on the nervous system that can be caused by diabetes mellitus, some of which may necessitate amputation.
- Ebola : A virus that causes severe hemhorragic fever and often death, that is easily spread.
- Halogen : Nonmetallic elements in Group 17 of the periodic table: fluorine (F), chlorine (Cl), bromine (Br), iodine (I), and astatine (At).
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant : Transplantation of blood stem cells derived from the bone marrow or blood, most often performed for people with diseases of the blood and cancer.
- Human papilloma virus (HPV) : Papillomavirus that infects the epidermis and mucous membranes of humans, which cause warts, especially of the hands, feet, and genitals, with some strains believed to be a causative factor in cancer of the cervix, vagina, and vulva.
- Immunology : The study of all aspects of the immune system in all animals.
- Jaundice : Abnormal accumulation of bilirubin in the blood and manifested by a yellowish discoloration of the skin, mucous membranes, and cornea.
- Medication : A licensed drug taken to cure or reduce symptoms of an illness or medical condition.
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Pannexin : Member of a vertebrate family of proteins homologous to the invertebrate innexins, present to form channels that allow release of ATP in erythrocytes and taste receptor cells.
- Rheumatoid arthritis : A chronic, inflammatory autoimmune disorder that causes the immune system to attack the joints.
- Sympathetic nervous system : Portion of the autonomic nervous system concerned with nonvolitional preparation of the organism for emergency situations.