Shoji Nishimura/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Shoji Nishimura, or pages that link to Shoji Nishimura or to this page or whose text .
- Battle of Balikpapan : In February 1942, one of the first defeats of the Imperial Japanese Navy in World War II
- Battle of the Java Sea : A devastating Imperial Japanese Navy victory over an ad hoc Allied force, 27-28 February 1942, fought by cruisers and destroyers, ending Allied naval resistance in what the Japanese termed the Southern Resource Area by 1 March
- Battle of Surigao Strait : Fought in October 1944 at the Battle of Leyte Gulf, the last naval engagement between forces based around battleships
- Marine navigation : A term including the literal process of navigation, or finding position and course, but of the overall process of safe operation of a water vessel, such as avoiding collisions
- Torpedo : A naval weapon that travels underwater, using its own propulsion, to attack its target, minimally with onboard mechanisms to keep it on a straight course. Modern torpedoes are underwater guided missiles that can track their target and adjust their course to hit it
- Convoy : A group of land or sea vehicles, grouped together for mutual support and protection; often consists of a core of unarmed units and an escort of combat vehicles