Second Party System/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Second Party System, or pages that link to Second Party System or to this page or whose text .
- United States of America : Constitutional republic in North America, has major land borders with Mexico and Canada.
- Democratic Party : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Democratic Party (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Whig Party : Party of the Second Party System, 1830 to mid-1850s, formed by Henry Clay to battle President Andrew Jackson's policies.
- Anti-Mosonic Party : Add brief definition or description
- Liberty Party : Add brief definition or description
- Free Soil Party : Short-lived U.S. political party opposing expansion of slavery; it ran presidential candidates in 1848 and 1852.
- Know-Nothing Party : Add brief definition or description
- Andrew Jackson : An American general who defeated the British at New Orleans in 1815 and was U.S. President from 1829-1837.
- Henry Clay : (1777-1852) American Whig Party leader, 3-time failed presidential candidate, and broker of North/South compromises that held the Union together.
- Daniel Webster : (1782-1852) Leading American politician of the antebellum Whig Party, famous for his oratory, his legal and diplomatic skills, and his efforts to prevent the Civil War in the name of American nationalism.
- First Party System : U.S. political system (1792-early 1820s) pitting Alexander Hamilton's Federalist Party against the Democratic-Republican Party of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.
- Third Party System : The political universe in American politics from about 1854 to the mid 1890s; the main concerns were nationalism.
- Fourth Party System : Period in American political history from about 1896 to 1932, the Progressive Era.