SS-1 SCUD/Related Articles
- See also changes related to SS-1 SCUD, or pages that link to SS-1 SCUD or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/SS-1 SCUD. Needs checking by a human.
- Air defense artillery : A combat arms branch of the United States Army, responsible for defending ground forces and the continental United States against aircraft and missile attack
- Ballistic missile : A guided missile which, once its engines stop firing, follows a generally parabolic path to its target, defined by momentum, aerodynamic resistance, and gravity
- Battle damage assessment : Determination of the effects of application of lethal or nonlethal military force; made up of physical damage assessment, functional damage assessment, and target system damage assessmeny
- Electro-optical MASINT : A subdiscipline of measurement and signature intelligence (MASINT), which has similarities to but complements imagery intelligence (IMINT); it does not form images, but validates them and produces information on phenomena that emit, absorb, or reflect electromagnetic energy in the infrared, visible light, or ultraviolet spectra, where the value is knowledge of the type of energy detected
- Geophysical MASINT : A branch of measurement and signature intelligence that involves phenomena transmitted through the earth (ground, water, atmosphere) and manmade structures including emitted or reflected sounds, pressure waves, vibrations, and magnetic field or ionosphere disturbances.
- Guided missile : A weapon that flies through air or space, under its own power, which adjusts its course to hit its target.
- Gulf War : The conflict started by the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990, and ended with the liberation of Kuwait and major damage to Iraqi forces, by a US-led UN coalition in 1991.
- Missile warning receiver : An electronic warfare subsystem that detects the thermal energy, or other signatures, of a missile launch or its flight, in order to take defensive measures
- National technical means of verification : Euphemism principally for imagery intelligence satellites and other means of strategic arms control verification, principally because the Soviet Union did not want its public to know that they could not prevent Western observation of the state
- Operation DESERT STORM : That part of the Gulf War, beginning with the first air strikes at 02:00 local time, 17 January 1991, until the main ground assault into Kuwait, Operation DESERT SABRE
- Rocket science : Variously an incorrect name for various engineering disciplines in dealing with unguided rockets or the rocket engines of more intelligent vehicles, or an ironic description of something very complex or very simple (i.e., "this isn't rocket science")
- Soviet support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War : Soviet technical assistance and sales of military and dual-use equipment, beginning in approximately 1975, to Iraq, and continuing through the Iran-Iraq War; the Soviet Union and France were the leading military suppliers to Iraq
- Surface-to-surface missile : A guided missile launched from the land or water surface of the Earth, aimed at a surface target
- Theater ballistic missile : A short- to medium- or intermediate-range surface-to-surface missile intended for use within a region rather than between continents, whose speed is less than that of an intercontinental ballistic missile making it an easier ballistic missile defense problem
- UNSCOM : A United Nations agency, created in April 1991, to inspect Iraq for weapons of mass destruction and long-range guided missiles, and to supervise destruction of weapons and production facilities
- United States Army Special Forces : United States Army organization originally created to train and lead guerrillas, highly qualified to work with other cultures; acquired additional missions including foreign internal defense, direct action (military), special reconnaissance, counterterrorism, etc.
- V-1 : The world's first, if crude, cruise missile used in appreciable numbers in combat
- V-2 : World's first operational ballistic missile, developed by Nazi Germany: (Vergeltungswaffe 2).